Sunday 14 October 2007

Shinjuku and Kabukicho

We went to Shinjuku alittle later then usual as the day before we had a long walk. Started the day by walking aimlessly to see the crowd at the famous Shinjuku. Some pretty decent priced shops with nice stuff. But we decided to move on to other places before buying.

The usual sight which was not as common as Akihabara.

We got side tracked and ended up spending abt 2 hours getting the handphone. Long tedious process, it did not helped that the I only understood abt 20% of what the salesman was talking about.

Got a little hungry and decided to grab a quick bite. This is the famous ticket machine type of shop that is littered everywhere around Japan. And the food arrives really fast.


Check this building out, looks like we are in US. If I don't remember wrongly, this is Docomo's building.

We actually proceeded to a Shrine but it was closed by then. Too bad, It looked pretty grand from outside.

By the time we walked back from the Shrine, it was already dark. We strolled and chanced upon a really outstanding looking shop. It looks really innocent but when we entered.... (WARNING: Leave if you are uncomfortable)


Ahem....undies in those toy dispensering machine.

The place is VERY VERY cramp and small and it has about 4 levels. To show what the shop sells, I had to risk myself and take a picture.

I am so scarred.

Walking around more, I happen to see a alley into a building and behold, I was brought back to Pearl Center in Spore. Those poster, the place looks dingy.

Check out the number of people at Shinjuku....

We then proceeded to Kabukicho; also known to house the bars and apparently the Yakuzas (Gangsters) roam this area. We reached there abt 7plus and walked around. Apparently it was still early, that is why we did not see much action. Just people strolling and many occasional of good looking girls. And NO, I did not vist any bars. I will not understand what the girl accompany me is talking anyway. But lets just say I did go see other things which was pretty interesting.

This particular industry is HUGE. If you cannot make out the picture above, it is a poster for Host Clubs. Which is the female version of the bars. The ladies pay money for guys to serve them, accompany them. Along the streets you can see many well dressed guys walking, those are probably the hosts. I thought it was only a few bars, till I entered the main street, there were hugh billboards all around. I am really curious to see what goes on inside.



Among all the pretty boys, gangster looking people, well dressed japs, I found a huge square with old grannies dancing to traditional Jap music. I sure hope those are not the ones working in the Clubs.

There are some shops around which says 'Free Information' with the front door closed, thinking it was for tourist, we ventured in to find information abt the clubs. The wonders of Japan. There will even be a guy to introduce you to places and even lead you there.

In the midst of all the maddness, I saw something I was trying find for some time. A place where you play baseball. It is the baseball version of golf driving range. Robots will fire the baseball and you hit it will all your might. Maybe I will try it one day.

Erm...that's erm...

No comments: