Thursday 11 October 2007

Chinatown

Chinese are such that they have to stake a claim on a part of land when they are not in their home country. See the Chinatown all over the world as an example. Japan is not spared. Chinatown is located at Yokohama. And like all Chinatown, you get crappy chinese food. I did not even have to taste, just the look and the really mad price tells me.


It is literally translated as "Panda Shop"



We were at a handphone shop trying to ask about the phone prices in Japanese when suddenly my friend came up to me and whispered "I think she is Chinese". I looked at her name tag and behold "Chen Ling ling". I looked at her and asked in my perfect mandrain "Ni hui hua yu mah?". The next few minutes were a blaze as I finally can converse pretty smoothly in my 2nd language.

No comments: