Monday 8 October 2007

Akihabara





I decided to check out Akihabara with some friends today. Add Sim Lim square and Sim Lim Tower together and times it by at least 2 times. That is the size of the place, totally filled with gadgets. It is a geek heaven. I could probably go there another 2-3 times and probably still not finish touring the place. There are many interesting shops selling hobby goods too. There are maid cafes littered all across but I did not visit one as my friends were not keen (How can I go right?). These are places where the waitresses will dress as maids and serve you, pretending that you are their masters. They even have massage places like these. There are people wearing such outfits and other over the top costumes to promote the shops. There are buskers along the street as you leave the train station.


Maids doing promotion for some stores.


This is an advertisments for Nortan Anti virus, they just pop out from nowhere

The road is closed for people to walk. Notice the 2 school gals in the middle? They are guys. That is how weird things are over here

Akihabara is so big, it overwhelmed me. I did not know how to walk and there were so many things to see. The prices are pretty good. Things like hdd, hdd covers, mouse, ram, gfx card and discs are cheaper then Spore. LCDs, motherboards and network related products are more expensive. You can also bargain the prices at the smaller shops, but that is only if your language is good enough.


Dinner was at Yoshinoya, it is similar to Matsuya but the food is better than Spore. Although I think Spore’s Yoshinoya has more variety. I ate a milk ice cream which I thought was pretty good, yum yum.




No comments: