Monday 8 October 2007


A fresh new start as I stepped off SQ 638. Did some documentation for the air freight and got ourselves to
Yokohama airport using the bus. The weather was not really good, it was hot and humid. Met the HR persons and grabbed a cab to the dormitory (If you want the address, email me) at Tsurumi. The HR brought us for lunch near the train station which takes 20mins on foot, the weather did not help the long walk at all. I had Tempura Soba which cost me 700 yen ($9), which is so much better then the $12 ramen in Singapore. Saw an interesting thing at the dinning table, 100 yen fortune telling machine. Apparently, the Japs love such things. After which, we went around to get necessities like toilet papers, hangers and soap etc. Visited the 100 Yen shops which will be my best friend for the next few years I guess.



Walked out for dinner at Matsuya, a place where you purchase tickets for food you want from a machine and then present it to the waitress. The seat is usually like a bar and the food comes really fast. Food is not fantastic, but price is cheap for Japan standard and the quantity is decent if you choose the correct food. Many such restuarants are littered around Tokyo. This is usually for the busy workers (Salary man) who want to grab a quick meal and for someone hoping to save some cash. I foresee myself standing without any expression and munching the food down in future.

I realized I forgot to bring my laptop power adapter when unpacking . How stupid can that be? I had to ask my sister to DHL it over. Not much of a rush for it as the next few days will be busy with paper work and etc.

No comments: