Monday 14 January 2008

Tokyo Dome - Bon Jovi Lost Tour 2008 Japan

Before I begin, today is a public holiday; Adult day. It is the day where the 20 year old kids go for some ceremony in their own district that says they are officially an adult. You will usually see the girls decked out in their kimono, but the guys will probably in a suit or something normal. I saw a couple today, very beautiful with their nicely done hair, makeup and expensive kimono.

Tokyo Dome has an amusement park which looks normal till you have seen the rollar coaster. The below photo looks normal because of the angle (I took it this way for lighting reasons). But in actual fact, the drop is probably 15 degress off from the right angle - it looks so scary even I did not want to ride it.







The also have a power rangers show going on (along with many other theme rooms eg. Ghost House etc). But this just tickles me, to see live power rangers. Did not get to see it cause I was not even willing to pay 1 yen to see them.

This darn thing looked good, but tasted normal. Would have been better if it was warm.


Tokyo Dome in it's glory.
Highlight of the day....


Selling the concert merchandise. Very expensive, but the Japs love it. So much they had to build a long tent with about 5-6 cashiers selling the same stuff.

After the concert....
Bon Jovi looks good even at his old age. The concert was great, played plenty of his previous 2 albums. His voice is great, you only know how good he is till you hear him live. The band was awesome, the guitarist even did a song on his own. I was shocked, he can sing..but could not bring the song to another level like the lead (of course). The crowd was ok only. Though I did see many sitting down, I really wondered if they bought the correct tickets. The only disappointing point was they did not sing the old hits like 'Always', 'Bed of Roses' etc. It is almost like listening to a Queen Concert without the stamping of feet and shouting out "We will, we will rock you...". Anyway the reason I was not too pleased was because, I started listening to them for the ballads before progressing to the rest. My favourite song in recent times 'All about loving you' was also not done too. Oh well, cannot fault them for doing a 2.5hr gig. Though I thought it will be about 3 hours. haha, I'm only human to want more.


New jacket and new....

My Birthday Present for myself. Shall not say how much I spend on this though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey. very nice documenting of the tokyo dome and the concert experience. the only suggestion i have for you is to take off the word "Japs" as it is politically incorrect nowadays and it can be offending. otherwise, awesome. =)