Saturday 19 January 2008

Ghibli Museum

The fateful day when I turn 26, I went to Ghibli Museum. They are the creators of the famous cartoon like Spirited away. In order to go there, you have to buy your tickets early at the conviniece store. Make sure you do it early as the place is very popular.

You can take a walk from the train station to the place. I recommend that as the road there is very beautiful. A long stretch of trees, so peaceful and calming.




On the way, there is this shop which actually has a real owl. Pretty cool.




Walking there, you will probably enter by the side gate. There will be a soft toy there to greet you.

The place looks like a mini cartoon castle.


I did not realise I cannot take picture inside the building. I was at the ticket area and immediately turned around to snap a picture. Hahah.

On the roof.....a road to mystery




If someone knows what is written on this stone,




This place treats kids like adults. So they tried to make everything kid-friendly.

I sneaked some shots...


I like how little details were added here and there


















Really worth a visit. Inside you get to see some interesting animation and also really feel as if you are lost. Some exhibits can be touched, which makes it even more fun. Great place to spend 2-3hours.

No comments: