Saturday 5 January 2008

Kyoto Day 1

Osaka is very central to travel to many popular spots. I did not want to rush my travels, so I decided I will only go Kyoto. The journey at most takes you about an hour on the train.


After the travel, I got a cup of Green tea latte.

First place we went was 清水寺. It was very crowded because it was the start of the new year and everyone is there praying. It was pretty crowded, on the way up the roads were congested.



Kyoto is famous for their Tofu. Tofu donuts and ice cream was the first thing I tried. Good stuff.










This temple is famous for these 3 water pipes. I think it means 3 different things, but I did not queue for any.



















Some gals are decked in their kimonos, pretty pretty eh.




From one temple to another....











This is a very famous shop selling face blotters.

Big Guan Ying.






After having to walk away due to the long queues, I finally found lunch.







I finally say the Miakos (Apprentice to Geishas)

We walked and walked and found more temples.




There were little shops along the roads selling food and other things.






This is the God of Beauty and it was really crowded too.


This is how crowded it can get.

Not sure why, but they have plenty of the arrows.





We finally exited the temples and walked towards Gion - an street with many old buildings.


I like Gion cause of the buildings. Too bad we walked alittle and my camera battery ran out.

Ho ho, they even outright tell you not to litter.




Kobe beef - Each cow has a information sheet with their lineage. "Ooo....I remember James, he was really tender. I wonder how will his son taste."










We checked into Toyoko inn because most of the cheaper alternatives were fully booked. This is pretty good for 6500 yen.

No comments: