Saturday 5 January 2008

Osaka - Universal Studio Japan

I decided to join the Countdown Party at Universal Studios. It starts from 31st, 7pm till 1st 2am. But my ticket allows me to stay till 1st, 8pm. That is maddness, who the heck will stay so long.


Before you reach the entrance, you will see a themed shopping mall. Though small, but pretty interesting place.




I got to be Forrest Gump!

Meet Taco, Osakians favourite snack.

The Japanese celebrate New Year's like Chinese New Year. They willdo spring cleaning, spend greeting cards, have a long holiday and plenty of new year food. One thing I learned is that they eat Soba for New year eve, and so we found a soba shop to have the madatory meal.


I reached earlier, thus I went to the outside to snap some photos.




The party started at 7pm and the queue started to form at 4pm. The day was windy and cold, that is how mad the Japanese can get.



And the night started....


Did not take much night pictures cause the camera cannot handle the low light, but let me say it was really beautiful. They still had the Christmas theme and lights were everywhere.

This ride brought me back to the time I went to USA Universal Studios.






The countdown was pretty fun, we started running around to different shows and checking out the specials they had. The Japanese started to queue for good firework seats at 9pm in the cold cold night. We went at 11pm, thus getting a blocked view. I was pretty disappointed with the fireworks, even the Hong Kong Disney had a more extravagant display.

The night was spent queueing up for shows and rides. Best ride is SPIDERMAN, you have to try that if you are going. When the morning came, I just walked around to snap pictures.




















































No comments: