Sunday 27 January 2008

Nikko Part 2 - Snow


I stayed at this lodge which is ran by a couple in their own home. Very nice place and feel so warm and cosy.

A Jaguar Bicycle....hmmm....


I made a trip up to the moutains to check out the sights.

Something necessary for a place where it snows very often.

The gloomy skies does not make things look good for a newbie snow moutain trekker.

I just had to make a snowman

The sun being smothered by the snow




So much snow, they had to pile them up into heaps.

The moutain with a little more sun.

Kegon Waterfall



I trekked into the marsh. Falling and slipping on the icy floors.


I even did my first cross country skiing. Either I am doing it wrongly, or it is really tiring. And obviously I fell.







I really wished I had a better camera with a good lens and probably a tripod. There were lots of ice formation and shadows to play with.
























This may not look deep, but I was actually in knee deep




After all that walking and freezing, I went to the onsen. Ahhh....onsen. I even had the open air kind, where I soak in 43 degree water and looking out at the snowy views. A beer will reallyhave top it all off.

On my way back to Tokyo...2 .5 hours in the train.

No comments: