Sunday 27 January 2008

Nikko Part 1 - The World Heritage


Nikko is a place with World Heritage sites and thus worth a visit at least once. On stepping out of the station, I see a phone booth like this and realise I will be in for more touristy stuff. The first scene of a snowy moutains. And I wonder why it was a little colder then ususal, my answers came when I say a sign to tell me I am pretty high up.


I found this really funny. Being me, I emptied my bottle of water to fill it up with some delicious water. Must be the weather, I could not taste the difference.


The next time I come back, I will be back for the festival where the people eat HUGE bowls of rice.

This is suppose to be a very famous bridge which is actually very short. You have to pay to cross it, but I did not.

The famous Toshogu Shrine. Once I saw this, I realise what is so different. This one is WAY WAY WAY to colourful and showy. It is unlike any I have visited. There were bold bright colours and very detailed carvings.


I wished there could be more snow, the scenary will probably be nicer.





This is the coolest thing to find if you are going without a guide. There are 4 pillars with the same carving, but only one has it upside down. It is to signify there is always room for improvement....I think.














The famous monkeys on the only building which looked really run down.

























If you have not realise, There are 2 different temples but in different locations. Same designer.








Throw to see your luck.

Huge sword which you will probably slice yourself while drawing it.








Nikko is famous for their Beancurd skin. My favourite is the middle one with a tinge of seaseme taste.
This is fresh, which is pretty much tasteless, but smooth.


Frozen with time



Went in to see this 3 huge statues, but no photography is allowed. So we have to make do with the poster.








No comments: