Sunday 23 December 2007

Tetsu (Iron) Ramen

Along the way to the Cat Town at NishiNippori. I found a pretty famous ramen place called Tetsu Ramen.

We almost gave up finding the place as I did not check where it was. I had to search on my handphone for a vague address and use my sense to get us there. We finally saw the queue and decided to wait even though it was freezing. I think the reason the queue is always there because there are only 10 seats inside.

The broth is thick and delicious. Very different from what you get elsewhere.

The noodles are chewy and really helps with the flavour. You dunk it into the thick broth and then slurp it.

When you are done, you can ask for the metal ball (hence the name of the shop), you drop the hot metal into the soup and heat up the broth. I recommend you add a little water from a kettle provided as the soup is pretty thick. Wait for the sizzling to stop and you have a hot bowl of wholesome goodness.

No comments: