Sunday 17 August 2008

Saga - The long journey for just squid

From Hakata, we made a our way to Saga on my whimp of wanting to eat squid. J seemed to be really happy to be able to see barabara (not sure the spelling)

We had to be at Karatsu to catch the bus to Yobuko. Had some time, so we checked out the famous local pottery.

With J always falling asleep on the bus/train, I had time to catch some personal time (emo emo!) But I saw many beautiful sights which I did not manage to catch it on camera. I think I am really starting to like long rides, allowing me to think and just see the little things around me.



Erm...best companion after J.

I thought the bridge was nearby the food place, but hell no!

Local fresh seafood which tasted really good.

Lets go catch some squids.

That is the mouth of the squid
Drying the squid with a doremon spinner



Whale watching....Jam managed to catch the only one - Pink whale

This place rocks...

I thought it was just really fresh ika, but it was more then that. The squid is still ALIVE. Check out the video and see the eyes and skin. You can see it changing colour. We were both shocked. The squid tasted so so so good. Even the I dont like raw squid - J, ate lots of it while I was taking pictures.


Ika Shyumai which was so simple yet so darn delicious. See the book that lead me there.

They cut the remainder of the squid and do tempura. It was so delicious.

Imagine this, they fish it out and sliced them out for you.

I forgot to check the bus time, we ended up photowhoring for sometime then heading back to the same place for beer.

I am Karate Kid!


J's feet were brusied, blistered and tortured by my schedule. It was pretty bad. This teaches you to wear comfy shoes and not slippers for long walks.

The late night at Saga, I caught this really nice picture with movement.

The irony of it all, we had cup noodles for dinner. Milk Seafood...and i was pretty good.

No comments: