Sunday 15 February 2009

Winter Hokkaido Part 1


The white-ness from the train. It was -13deg when the plane hit Chitose.

I went to visit Hokkaido Uni again, but this time it was filled with snow. Check out how deep I am in the snow.

The bust of William Clark! Wahhaha
My bicycle!!!
It says dying animal research. At first I thought they were doing something insanely cruel, but my Taiwan friend explained that it means some chemical term or something.
First man made snow was done here

This is what happens to your camera when you enter a shop with heater, effects without Photoshop

I love this passage, lots of words with no meaning

Sour coconut drinks which was pretty good

Soup curry at Picante which my Japanese friend introduced to me the last time we went

This place has sheeps roaming around, but I guess it was too cold.





First time in an igloo






Snow festival Museum where you can see the past sculpture

Grey snowman!

Limited edition Danpa (play on the word Panda, see the inverted colours)

The snow is that high.



Panda on the road with some sand in the stomach to make the road less slippery
Huge dome for exhibitions and stuff.
Church which looks very russian to me

It is so cold and yet they are not covering up. They are strong I tell you.


Stay tune for the next bunch of pictures

No comments: