Monday 23 February 2009

Snowboarding at Naeba

I made plans to go snowboarding/skiing with my collegues. Was so excited I woke up at 3am. We left my hostel at 4.30am. Arrived the rest stop early enough for me to think we will be the only ones there, but the whole place was already packed with people.

This is a famous Katsu sandwich which was delicious. Thick juicy meat with nice sweet sauce.
The drive there slowly brought about snowfall, and blanket of whites surrounded us. Finally, it was like a snow storm out there. There were times we could not see the road. So much so we actually sat in the car and wondered if it was possible to ski at all.

Oh no, we are not travelling 3 hours on the car and not going to do some skiing/boarding.

WOO HOOOOO

The course is huge, bigger then any I have seen. So much longer and so much more people. The falling snow actually covered the top, so much so I could not see the highest of the moutain.

And the sun came to brighten up the day


I am a ninja! My fellow ninja is also a newbie in the department.

Jap fren trying some Chinese Gongfu. Oh ya, his good at skiing.


Driver of the trip in Red, he is a very good skier. He could do turns with one leg.





I refuse to take off the googles because the sun was too glaring. Yeah, I am that anal when it comes to my eyesight. That brought about Panda tan marks around my eyes. Oh well, it means my googles rocks!

I rented the board and boots, no money to buy one. But thinking abt it, I should have gotten one right at the start. I have gone enough times to make it about worth it.

And now for the skiing action............

I try to look cool.

Sliding left and right

Happy with my performance
Even jumping

Dancing on the board.











But actually this is only my 5th time. So there were a lot of this..........KABISH!!!!!!
I just learned from my Japanese friends that after onsen, you must drink coffee with milk or milk. And most of the time, it comes in a glass bottle.

Dinner was at this big Japanese hall.
Apple beer (tasted like Champagne), and Monkey beer (Strong fruity taste, like Pale Ale)

Nice dinner but I had to wait for it to cook. I was tired, hungry, and very relaxed after a long day....staring at it cook was a torture I tell u.
The trip was fun. The courses were long and had nice fluffy snow. Company was great and we had DVDs in the car which entertained us along the way. Big thanks to the driver, Gungfu dude for finding the place and my fellow newbie in the dept for the DVDs. What did I do? I made them laugh with my falls and crappy japanese.

No comments: