Tuesday 13 November 2007

Trigger what lies deep in my heart

I am not the kind to miss home easily. I can be away for sometime and still think everything is fine. I will continue as if home does not even exists.

But somethings trigger that particular feeling which sinks my heart for a while. And finally I know what it means when your heart aches for home. And the image that grabbed me was....

I love Christmas. It is top in my list of festive holidays. The atmosphere, the carols, the whole mood is so different. And the retro Santa Clause of Isetan is deeply engraved in my mind. Just seeing it when shopping at Tachigawa brought me back to Singapore. It made me recall of the countless fun and laughter I have with my family. When I was younger, we had hide and seek, musical chair, pinning the donkey tail. And always we would guess the number of presents and then rip open the wrapping. And definately plenty of food. But this year I will not be there. Hopefully my other cousins will be there. Hopefully my nieces will have the same kind of Christmas I had. Hopefully my family will still have a Christmas gathering even without us around. And hopefully, it is still the same Christmas spirit that I have come to really treasure.


The quiet night brings about so many thoughts. The past, the now and the what if.....

No comments: