Sunday 7 June 2009

A walk around Ryokoku

I did not realise I was so near Ryokoku, so I decided to just walk there. That is the place where the Sumo is held in Tokyo. But since there is no matches, I just went to check out the area.
One of the many Sumo houses which the wrestlers train at.

They have a couple of shops selling Chanko hotpot.

Around the corner is the Edo musuem which is pretty informative. I learnt a few things about Japan. There is English Translation, so it is a breeze.

Quite a luck since I got to check out Tezuka Osamu Exhibition, the father of Astro Boy. Very interesting exhibition, the guy is pretty smart.

A temple dedicated to the victims of the great earthquake in Tokyo.


This is very amusing. Tried salaryman after lunch sleeping on the steps of the temple - in their suits.

No comments: