Sunday 1 March 2009

Ome Old house

I saw this really old house when I first cycled around my area but something always prevented me from fully checking out this place. Well...I finally got down to it.


The lady incharge of this place is very friendly and is very willing to give a tour around the place. This fire place was actually in use when I was there.

She explained what are all the stuff around. The big wooden barrel is not for showers, but actually for storing soya sauce in the older days.

The place is pretty big. See the difference between the tatami mats with black surrounding and the ones in the foreground? There is an entrance in the middle of the house which is used by the people of higher status, and the path leading to the inner room will have the black taper.

A traditional wedding setting.

No comments: