Thursday 5 March 2009

Dominic in Japan

My brother in law dropped by Tokyo for a short holiday. It was exceptionally cold when he arrived, so I brought him to eat sukiyaki. Yummy!

It was my first time too, usually I will eat shabu shabu. But it was a still good, good quality meat.

We went to Akihabara for a visit too.


Otaku is the making...

Nope....already one. We visited the maid cafe, it was the 2nd time for me within 4 days.
Singaporeans watch too much JapanHour. One of the few requests was to go to a nice onsen. I had to ask around and search for one which was actually pretty good. Very nice open air onsen.

Monja....tokyo style

I imparted my limited okonomiyaki skills and we talked about business opportunities over dinner! haha

Ahhh...the famous icon from Osaka.

My usual hangout in Shibuya...delicious sushi.
Check out the Ootoro (premium tuna belly)
Winter food = Oden (And Sweet Potato)

I found this very nice sweet. Tinge of saltiness with vanilla and the insides are filled with a chocolate mix which oozes out.

Check out the amout of snacks we bought!

No comments: