Sunday 16 March 2008

Comments




With the insane amount of photos I took of the flowers, I did not really know how I was going to comment about them. Well, the name of my town, 青梅, pretty much says it all. It is famous for have lots of plum trees. When I first heard of it, I remembered those dried hard weird tasting seed thing from back home. Never did I realise the flowers are actually pretty intriguing.

I spent a whole morning taking pictures and just soaking in the excitement. The Japanese all gather and the most common words heard, きれい (Beautiful)! They have road side stores which sells the most amazing 五こんにゃく (Jelly like thing) and Plum ice cream etc. I really appreciate the fact that the Japanese know how to appreciate such things. The young, middle age and old will gather and all go see the flowers. I dont think we see much of this in Singapore (I attribute that to the hideous weather). And they will gather and sit on a mat, drink and eat their bentos. How cool is that. I see a huge bunch of old people gathering and I compare to my grandmothers who seem to always be at home. I see kids aged 7+ on their own riding bicycles.

Just wanted to end off with a little excuse for the bad photography. My littly tiny digital camera had some restrictions to taking nice marco pictures. Wished I had access to a nice SLR and macro lens with a nice aperture scale (F1.2 will be nice). And also some artistic eyes which I concluded that I do not have.

No comments: