Sunday 24 February 2008

If Yan can Cook, so can Yeo

So, being stuck alone in a land where food is more expensive then home; i had to start to cook on my own. Well, let's just say my skills are limited to Eggs, Charmee (Instant of course) and any other instant stuff. Basically, food that is hard to go wrong.

I got some of my friends down to have dinner while I whipped up some spaghetti with minced meat and mushrooms. Why is it so simple, the sauce comes in a can, all i had to do it chopped some tomatoes, squish some fresh tomato into it and season to taste. I did realise that the sauce have to taste stronger cause once you mix it with the spaghetti, the taste becomes milder. Which was I think the major flaw this time round. I would love for a thicker sauce too. Notice something wrong? Wrong kind of cheese used! No choice when you realised halfway thru the cooking that you forgot to get some cheese.

And the victims were the two taiwanese. I could not bear to poison my fellow country man!

And of course we had to have some drinks. Got some cheap Japanese wine which tasted like grape juice to me. Cheap wine imitation....or maybe cause i got the really cheap one. The pitiful amount of drinks ran out really fast, and I had to resort to making us some 3-in-1 coffee from Singapore. Weird combination of drinks I would say.
Kel saved the day when the wine, baileys and beer ran out, with......And snacks came along with it.


and we had cheese and some blueberry yougart sweet that I bought. Plus cheese crackers. We chatted for very long. I was in the kitchen from 8.30. I got back at 3am.



Another story of cooking. My first real attempt at fried rice was a failure, but only because i got the wrong type of rice. I used the extra sticky and starchy (even for japanese standard) rice, which ended more like fried rice balls. So wanting to try to cook fried rice before I eventually try to poison more people, I used some left over and did a 5min quickie to it. And TADAAAAHHH


It actually taste pretty good. Cooked to how I like it, slightly pepperish. Now to find out how Crystal Jade makes that extra omphhh taste. Any suggestions?

No comments: