Wednesday 27 February 2008

I am a Virgin

Yes I am. And I don't want to hear the sniggers.

It has been so so so long since I held a tennis racket. Probably May 2007 was the last time I played. Then I could hit pretty decently, angled the height and strength of the shot if I had enough preparation. Basically I could really say "Hey, I can play tennis".

Due to a nagging arm injury and leaving Uni and starting with all the lessons and preparation to fly to Japan (mostly the latter since I don't really care about the pain in the arm), I have stopped tennis all the way till I arrived in Japan. And over here, I did not have the time or a place or even someone to hit with...till now.

I took my first shot and saw it sailed wide out. I could not do simple stuff properly like feeding the ball back properly. My favourite shot (forehand) was actually the worst. It just went out, bonkers, no amount of spin could get it in. And the funny thing is, I can serve and still keep the ball in (even though the power would have gotten me into lots of trouble if I was doing that in Uni). My worst shot; the backhand; actually sailed in beautifully. Goodness, I am so out of shape. I held the handle so tight, as if this was my first time. I fumbled here and there and my heart was beating every second. Got so frustrated I could not hit the way I want. My legs were lazy, my anticipation was screwed up.

I want to blame the weather, the court and the racket. But I have to face the truth....

I am a virgin again. No I mean, I am a virgin,
at Tennis

No comments: