Sunday 28 September 2008

Dinner with the Dive peeps

Went to have dinner at a Miyazaki (Kyushu) restaurant with my diving kakis over here in Japan. The meal was good, but a tad expensive. Good company and many first time dishes for me.


Saw this chicken dish in a guide book when I went to Kyushu, wanted to try it but Miyazaki was really too far.

Chicken Sashimi, I was pretty worried as raw chicken is not really my thing, but this was actully pretty good.


I like this dish because I can really taste the freshness of the food. It came in a bamboo box where they steam it for about 10mins.

You pour the cold sesame stock into the rice and eat this dish. Pretty good once you get use to cold main dish (pretty normal in Japan).


Just a note to add, the average temperature here is about 18-20 deg now. Have to start layering real soon.

No comments: