Saturday 6 September 2008

Buys for the season

I am a sucker for seasonal snacks. Grape Kitkat!!!

How do you know autumn is round the corner? The autumn flavour for Kirin beer is out. 6% alc, but I dont really like the taste.

And seeing that I am broke and down. I decided to buy some stuff to cheer me up. Seeing that my ipod is dead, to tide me over till I get enough cash for my ipod; I bought myself a Toshiba player.

And I got a casio DW5600E, which is the newer version of the watch Keanu Reeves wore in "SPEED". I know I know, I stoped wearing digital watches and declared my love for only analogue timepieces. But call it mid life crisis, but I am finding my love for my g-shock.

While finding the DW5600, I found this really cool looking watch. It has the inverted screen which I find so charming. Solar powered and tunes the time automatically over the Atomic Frequency to keep it always accurate. How cool is that!


I know you all must be thinking that I spent alot of the watches and the player, but it was all bought with the welfare points my company provided. Which means I did not spent a single cent.

Waiting for my grapes and pears to be delivered! Hmmm....I wonder what watch I should get next!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

As usual, lovin' your pictures & places that you've visited!
I'll be planning a 10 days driving in Hokkaido next year but purely for photography... might stop by Tokyo.
I'll certainly meet up with you if I'm in Tokyo.

Unknown said...

Hakkaido is a beautiful place for photography! which season will be going

Unknown said...

Late May or June so that it'll be cool & not hot.
Hopefully can have a Nikon D700 by Mar 09... every night I'm just dreaming about it... but I don't think I can get "approval" cos just got a D300 this year before D700 was out. Probably will have to wait some more till a D800 is out!
Keep on posting those yummy KitKat & Nissin Cup noodles...

Unknown said...

I see, you should try to go in late July or Aug. Nice time for lavender and sunflowers.

Oh man....you are so darn lucky to have the D300. The D700 looks good too, nice full frame camera! Man...when can I get one

Unknown said...

Cannot lah cos have to follow kids "schedule" as they are schooling now.
Furthermore, it's a 2 to 3 families kinda holiday so planning etc will have to fit everyone.
Btw, each family is eying a Toyota Alphard MPV as 1 of the family was there twice & they highly recommended to travel in "1st class" on 4 wheels...ha...ha...

D700 in ISO3200 or 6400... drooling... keyboard getting wet...

As for your Dx00, maybe you can accumulate all the "welfare" points from your company for a 1 time big purchase!
Saw from a forum that the D700 is now selling at $3.3K in HK. SG still around $3.8K!