Sunday 13 July 2008

Singapore Trip Review

5th Jul
I the moment I touch down, Wynn and I went to wack some sinful Spore goodies at Bedok. This was the only time I ate alot, after that I seem to be pecking at my food instead. Not sure if its the oil or something, but my ability to woof down food seemed pretty bad. Slept at 4am after unpacking and just sitting down and soaking my own room.

I went to breakfast with 2 friends and ate some authentic Bah Kut Teh, Chin Chow and bean curd. Immediately after that, I headed down to Vivo City for Lunch with my Family. After that, I had some coffee with them before I head down to Plaza Sing for some snacks and dinner (I was so full I had to share dinner with a friend) with my JC friends. Went to see a Jeremy`s new place afer that. Rounded of the day with Supper opposite my house, which was actually only a cup of tea as I could not stomach anymore.

6th Jul
Tea Ceremony and then buffet at my Granny`s place. The curry killed my appetite, the oil just made me queasy. I met my sec friends for some Ya Kun and before that I tried some Curry Puffs and Bubble Tea. Headed down for the wedding dinner. Supper was planned but once again I could only peck at my friend`s food.

7th Jul
Escapade in Bintan with lots of booze.

8th Jul
Headed for duck rice at Long House after arriving back in Singapore and caught my first movie in 10mths with Jam. Took supper really late with the idea of eating at Jalan Kayu, but I could only muster myself to drink Teh Tarik.

9th Jul
Breakfast with my uncle and spent some time with my mum. On the way up for another meet up session with Lyn over lunch, I met XY for 15mins right outside PS. Dinner with my Uni pals before I went to see my nieces. No supper!!! (Not that I would eat)

10th Jul
My voracious appetite seem to be coming back as I ate breakfast with mum before heading to lunch with Dan (Chicken Rice at Far East). Manage to catch my friend who is studying in USA and was also back on holidays before I made a last minute meet up with Pam (1hr 15mins friend) at Orange Julius (no more coffee for me). I headed for dinner with Val and then drinks with Nic. A last minute coffee with Boonhui which I truely appreciated as he drove down from his place.

11th - 12th Jul
I had breakfast at home, my only home cooked food - Chicken Soup. Headed down to lunch with Ping without cheeks. Work or tennis must have gotten rid of them. Managed to get Gab to hang out with me till dinner with Adam and then drinks with Hall friends. And I rounded off the night clubbing at Butter Factory with JC friends plus friend`s friends. Managed to catch Nat (last saw in JC). Meng, Ding, kenny, Kit and their GFs (Darn I was alone). And Pam came over for awhile to say the last goodbye. Left at 2.45am, went home and grabbed my bags before heading to airport. The alcohol hit on the way to the airport. Try clearing the customs when u are high. And they had to make small talk and interview you on where you are going etc when your condition is really not at its best. I slept all the way back to Japan.


Round up
  1. I am not used to crappy service in Singapore. They must really do something about this.
  2. I am not used to the oil in the food. It was so bad that the only food I could thing off once I stepped in Japan was a bowl of soba with vegetables and that was what I ate for dinner.
  3. The next time I am back, I will meet up for quality and not quantity. yes it is tiring, but the real reason is I realise there is so much to catch up on and a few hours over dinner is not enough.
  4. I miss my family and especially my nieces.
  5. I feel bad not meeting up with other friends.

No comments: