Friday 26 March 2010

Somwhere called Hakone


I decided to give a running commentary of what went on behind these shots at Hakone Open Air museum to remind myself what I was doing.

Recently I have been trying to play with the light and shadows. Trying to see how I can make something so normal, look different

This shot came to me the moment I saw it. The light, lines and emptiness on the bench.
The cats just stood there for me to shoot. I actually wished I saw the background when I took this shot. I would love to have more of it.

I just wanted the outline of this statue

What can you do to a peice of art? That was the questioned I asked myself.

Common play of symmetry


One of those shots I knew what I wanted to do when I saw where the lines went
This place was filled with repeat patterns. The blur forground was added on purpose to show depth

This scene just felt never ending to me

Had to give the statue some room to look up to

It was so plain, yet felt so much to me. So I placed it at the top right hand side

The flowers stood out, and I just used it


I decided to go for an uneven angle when the picture ended at the top

I love how the lights were casted on the floor

The sun casted a shadow play which screamed B/W to me

I left a bigger space below for this peice to give it more room.

Another light lesson for me

It looked so organised yet not. So I decided to end the tip slightly off center

How can this not be a B/W picture? You just want the lines and nothing else

The bright colours was so fun to look at. Too bad there were so many people around

The bare tree with the truck leading the picture.

I loved how the sun made a glorious colour on the reflection

The reflection of the sky caught my eye

The texture of the structure made me take this shot

Why not look down and see the simplest of things?

I always have a thing for rusty stuff

I love the texture under the light

It reminded me of old school colours

I love how the yellow cast into the space.
Need I say more what I am trying to show here?

I wanted the art on the glass and the art itself together


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful colours and neat angles. I love the way you interpret the little things. - Jo

Sky said...

Nice! Especially all the ones in Karuizawa!