Saturday 7 November 2009

Toshiba Ome Matsuri

Ome (Place I stay) holds a festival for the area we are located in every year. I missed the last one, but this year I went to help out.

It started with making balloon flowers and dogs. It was fun and I got to learn something new.

Came early in the morning to help set up the stall and signboard

And also pumping the gifts.
We had an Indian colleague who led us in the making of curry and nan. Literally handmade everything. I learnt how to roll and flatten the nan like a pro.
Sales was slow in the morning, which got us pretty worried. But once afternoon came, we were so busy. We made enough for 150, managed to sell all. Had plenty of nan left which we cooked with butter and also managed to sell all of it. I was pretty busy with flattening the nan, so much so I did not manage to walk around the other stores and check out the shows that was on. Apparently they had Power Rangers (or some sort) and a famous comedian group.
We also helped to sell hotdogs. The sales went on after the festival closed, but pretty glad we sold everything.

And the shooting game, which was really popular with the kids.
They also set a BBQ for the department people and those helping out. Frankly speaking, I think that was the main goal of the festival.
Of course not forgetting the booze, erm...I mean drinks.

It was a pretty fun day. The next time round, I want to try to make Yaki soba

No comments: