Sunday 6 April 2008

Corked: Festival of the Steel Phallus

Japan is a land of 祭り (Festivals) and today I went to Kawasaki for the Annual Kanamara festival
Click here for more explanation of it.
I reached there about 12 and the festival was just about the start.

And the first thing I saw was a man/woman with cat tail and paws. Sounds like a good start.


Behold the black steel penis.



I am not very sure why the is a huge drag display, but it was funny.

And next comes the Pink one!

Take a close inspection and you will find a tiny one over at the 3rd one.



They have a bunch of cheerleaders to bring the mood and spirit up


Even the foreigners come dressed for the occassion.

I wanted one of there handmade penis shaped candies, but the queue was insane

I have just about enough of it when another one popped up at the shrine

Radish in shaped of what else but a penis. And they put it up for auction too

The lesser seen other half today with the main star.


This is so wrong. The kid licking it earnestly.

They were also selling other variation of the sweets.

I wanted to get the smaller versions but could not find it anywhere, probably sold out.
There were pictures you can buy from the temple of the penis too.

Oooo.....sexy sexy....

Whee whee

Wahahahahaha


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay....... interesting festival.. so outright display, you should show off too!

Unknown said...

I worry I will scare pple with it huge size

cl0udi3 said...

OMG.. Can't imagine seeing this festival here =X

Unknown said...

hahaha....will you be there if there was one

Unknown said...

I can "see" that you fully enjoying your stay in Japan... ha... ha... veri funny pictures & video!

Unknown said...

Hahaha....I have got no comments